Once I delighted in the alliterative moniker of modernmysticmother. The air moving from my mouth, the corners of my pursed lips curled in a coy smile. modernmysticmother is somewhat of a mouthful. The sound of “M” is actually quite suggestive. It is a sound we make when our bodies experience pleasure or pain. Maybe I’ll shorten it to mmmother…
IN THE BEGINNING
I knew I had to have a visible public image if I was to share whatever was “special” about me. I was no longer content with my passivity as a supporter. I had to come up with a name that represented all aspects myself without revealing my personal, private identity.
MODERN MYSTIC MOTHER
…communication through language.
English nerd loves language. The poetry and prose. The sound, the narrative, the drama of the persona, writing, feeling, pretending, escaping blah.
Language techniques, repetition of sound, beginning of word. alliterative quality.
- (onomatopoeia) An expression used to show contentment for something
- mmm this is a tasty pie!
- (onomatopoeia) An expression used to show thought or reflection
- mmm, I see what you mean.
- (onomatopoeia) An expression used to show being muffled or not able to speak clearly, as well as “mmph”.
- (Britain) Yes.
What about the single letter?
- mathematics – metric system, meter (10), milli (1000), mass
- phonetics (syllable sound) – cyrillic “em”; kana “ma”; korean jamo “mieum”
- music (based on italian language) – mezzo “middle”
MmmMmmmhmm… Marvelous. It truly is magical when things just correspond and correlate together like that. Let’s further crystallise this understanding by saying a whole bunch of other M words!