I make a bunch of mix tapes (spotify playlists) to say exactly how I feel inside, and maybe you might feel it too. Or enjoy it, because I love music and sharing songs, even grouping them into thematic soundtracks and stuff.
- I just wanted to put together a couple of track-listings of playlists.. to dedicate to the awesome people I have come to know, and be part of this here environment.
- I will be using Australian musical acts – that if you live overseas, then you can take away from knowledge of some awesome music acts and shit.
- I made 5 graphics for this series. I don’t know if I will actually do 100 songs, but i’m not 100% sure if I have 100 songs for 100 people.
I’m such a MMMess… (iah)
I started this project a couple of days before christmas 2018. It is not finished because I am lazy and often lose track of all the whatever stuff I said I wanted to do…
When you scroll through the psychotically laid out page, you’ll see I have broken the playlist into volumes.
- Each volume has 24 songs, cites the artist, song title and a lyric.
- Click the artist to be directed to a youtube clip.
- Click the song title to read the full lyrics.
- When selecting some of the tracks, I did have some people in mind at the time. However, music and their lyrics are universal expressions of the emotions of the soul. Therefore it would be too divisive to explicitly state any song is really for any single individual.
- These are just songs that I like (some more so than others). VOLUMES 1-3 are all Australian music acts. (Except for the Christmas playlist, that’s just christmas themed songs).
- Vol 1. The long walk home, singing siren songs (24 tracks).
- Vol 2. Burning bush swallows their nightingale (24 tracks).
- Vol 3. Great grandfather of smoke, hear my song (24 tracks).
- Vol 4. Everlong John foo fights the xmas tree.
Listen to the whole playlist on Spotify here. I titled it “wyrdpriss”
Fun fact. By clicking the ‘xmas tree’ link above, you will be taken directly to the Spotify playlist titled ‘x mas sheen’
Project last updated 4 February 2019 // started 23 December 2018.
Volume 1. The Long Walk Home, singing siren songs.
- Killing Heidi – I am.
- I feel it its coming its here if you want it / I am out on my own / Moving in shadow / Nobody knows who I am / Standing alone / And its me but you can’t see who I am
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Pussy Town
- I’m going down, down, down, down, down, down, down, to pussy town.
- Eskimo Joe – Black fingernails, Red wine
- Red-letter day, black heart / it’s gonna tear you all apart / it’s so loud; can’t hear you call / you and I are gonna fall straight down.
- Silverchair – One Way Mule
- Love me for my mind cause I’m a dangerous heart / when I’ve got time to kill I’m coming back to you / I’ll stake out just to find the knife in the dangerous heart / when I’ve got time to kill I’m coming back to you
- Killing Heidi – Real People
- Make it all right / Just keep your eyes shut, keep your eyes shut tight / What you feel ain’t bad / ‘Cause there’s no shame, there’s no shame in being sad
- Violent Soho – Saramona Said
- I want to bastardise this entire state / Let’s start a fire, it’s like a big freight train / Let’s start a fire, we are defeated
- The Cruel Sea – Better get a Lawyer
- I wasn’t doin’ nothin’ anyway / Just what is it that I’m supposed to have done? With bloodshot eyes and bleedin’ hands… // The the officer said / Better get a lawyer son, you better get a real good one /
- Machine Gun Fellatio – The girl of my dreams
- The girl of my dreams is giving me nightmares / I found her on tv now I see her everywhere / She’s got style she’s got violent ways about her / She’s got me so that I can’t dream without
- Regurgitator – ! (The song formerly known as)
- You won’t see me tribal raving baby / Cos I won’t ever look that good / I’d rather dance in ugly pants in the comfort of a loungeroom in suburbia / Oooh ooh, things don’t get no better / better than you and me
- Spiderbait – Calypso
- Sunshine on my window Makes me happy, like I should be / Outside All around me / Really sleazy / then it hits me / Don’t tell me / You can’t see / What it means to me
- The SuperJesus – Gravity
- I don’t need a friend to tell me why, to tell me when / hanging on to you I never thought I’m killing someone / and I can tell you what’s more / now theres nothing in the way to show me / I didn’t know you before / more than any other day its only gravity
- Eskimo Joe – From the Sea
- Oh She’s just so under pain / Oh I’m so spaced out today / My head’s a lead weight and it comes to you / From the the sea / hello hello oh hello (the world repeats itself somehow)
- Custard – Girls like that
- Girls like that don’t go for guys like us / I still wanna see the facts / But this time she’s serious / She says there’s too too many worlds / Too many worlds wrapped up in science fiction
- The Whitlams – No Aphrodisiac
- A letter to you on a cassette / ‘Cause we don’t write anymore / Gotta make it up quickly / There’s people asleep on the second floor / There’s no aphrodisiac like loneliness / Truth, beauty and a picture of you
- The Living End – White Noise
- Now here we stand with our hearts in our hands / Squeezing out all the lies / All that I hear is a message unclear / What else is there to decide? All that I’m hearing from you / Is white noise, white noise
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Mutha Fukka
- I’m a mutha fukka on a motorcycle / I’m a hard hallucinatory / With an axe to grind / Shootin’ from the hip / Like a porcupine / I’m a mutha fukka on a motorcycle
- Spiderbait – Buy me a pony
- You’re almost on your way to popularity / and we’ll teach you to play with icy stare and punk rock hair / and beatnik flare, we’ll take you there / cause there’s nonody else like you / and we sure care just what you’re doing
- Missy Higgens – Scar
- A triangle trying to squeeze through a circle / He tried to cut me so I’d fit / And doesn’t that sound familiar? Doesn’t that hit too close to home? / Doesn’t that make you shiver; the way things could’ve gone?
- Something for Kate – Monsters
- I was hanging upside-down from the overpass / Waiting to discover something about the world / I couldn’t get with the program / And I couldn’t listen to them / It was like trying to think in reverse
- Pete Murray – Better Days
- I’ve seen better days / Put my face in my hands / Get down on my knees and I pray to God / Hope he sees me through til the end
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Rollercoaster
- You’re vine-ripened, I’m now frightened / By the lightning in my legs / You’re such a screamin’ dream I’m leanin’ / To the demons in my head
- Ben Lee – Cigarettes will kill you
- You left me burned and seared / You left me ripped and teared / And older than my years / I should have know at first / That you would leave me hurt / You had to try dessert
- The Mavis’S – Cry
You looked into my eyes / you came as a surprise / you washed me in the shower / it lasted for an hour / But what we gonna do? / you leave at half past two / we waste more time each day / and everything’s OK except that… I can make you cry
- Grinspoon – Lost control
- Bam, bam, bam trick or treat want to stay / You can do it ours and we will do it your way / Not so bad if you follow the plan / That’s how it goes with your head in the sand
Volume 2. Burning bush swallows their nightingale.
- Powderfinger – my happiness
- My happiness is slowly creeping back now you’re at home / if it ever starts sinking in, it must be when you pack up and go.
- John Butler Trio – Zebra
- I could be anything I put my mind to, boy / all I gotta do is give myself half a chance / I can bring love back into my life / and share it with the world if I got some balance.
- Grinspoon – Chemical heart
- can’t get started chemical heart/ every time I get started, you pull me apart.
- Frenzal rhomb – Never had so much fun
- I try to compensate blindly for mistakes, try to make things right / for all my redemption I’ve the best intentions / but it’s always ending up in a fight.
- Silverchair – Freak
- I’m a freak of nature / if only I could be as cool as you.
- The Living End – Prisoner of Society
- if you count to 3 you’ll see it’s no emergency / you’ll see I’m not the enemy / just a prisoner of society.
- Grinspoon – Sickfest
- You can’t try and sink your thoughts into my brain / contradict, you’ve always been too lame / guilt has always you d you hiding away.
- Regurgitator – Disco crazy
- Ganggajang – Sounds of then
- And in the distance, through the heat haze, In convoys of silence the cattle graze. That certain texture, that certain beat, Brings forth the night time heat.
- theredsunband – Sleep forever
- hey my sweet child, here you be
and if you choose to stay here
you can stay with me
- hey my sweet child, here you be
- Silverchair – Tomorrow
- You say that money isn’t everything / well I’d like to see you live without it / you think you can keep on going living like a king / ooh, babe, I strongly doubt it.
- The Butterfly Effect – Always
- AC/DC – Thunderstruck
- Kate Miller-Heidke – Caught in the crowd
- Jet – Cold Hard Bitch.
- Cog – Anarchy OK
- Amiel – Obsession (I love you)
- The Screaming Jets – Guitar Band
- The Butterfly effect – Gone
- theredsunband – Devil Song
- AC/DC – Back in Black
- Kate Miller-Heidke – Last Day on Earth
- George – Special ones
- INXS – New Sensation
Volume 3. Great Grandfather of smoke, hear my song.
- Jet – Look what you’ve done
- George – Breathe in now
- The Cruel Sea – The Honeymoon is over
- Grinspoon – Just Ace
- Choirboys – Run to paradise
- Mz Ann Thropik – Witchhunt
- Gyroscope – Baby, I’m gettin’ better
- Mammal – Dead
- 28 Days – Rip it up
- Dead letter circus – The armour you own
- Jericco – Dance like no one’s watching
- Jebediah – Harpoon
- Regurgitator – Polyester girl
- All I want you to say is nothing at all / and all I want you to do is stare at the wall.
- The Superjesus – Down again
- Now I’m hoping to stay seconds away from all that I could be / every time I run from you, I run from me.
- The Screaming Jets – Better
- You am I – Berlin chair
- The Fauves – Dogs are the best people
- Magic Dirt – Dirty Jeans
- Augie March – One Crowded Hour
- Jebediah – Animal
- Frenzal Rhomb – You are not my friend
you are not my friend / Never ever ever again/ I dream of sunsets with a drink in the sand / Of all my friends and losing money in the van / Remember holidays that weren’t such a waste / And a broken jaw from a punch in the face
- Mammal – New Breed Jesus
You! (You!) Only made me this way! And I! (I!) Got a method for disposing of your petty little system! You! (You!) You’re the poster boy for shame! And I! (I!) Gotta state and make it clear so you can understand!
- 1200 Techniques – Karma
How am I supposed to live in a world of negatives? How am I supposed to love in a world full of push and shove? How am I supposed to breathe in a world full of lust and greed?
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Little cutie
Hey there little cutie don’t be moody don’t be moody / Take my hand we’re goin’ out / And I’d find myself if I knew where myself left me / And I feel like ringin’ all your bells… / Hey there little cutie let’s get nudie