I make a bunch of mix tapes (spotify playlists) to say exactly how I feel inside, and maybe you might feel it too. Or enjoy it, because I love music and sharing songs, even grouping them into thematic soundtracks and stuff.
- I will be using Australian musical acts – that if you live overseas, then you can take away from knowledge of some awesome music acts and shit.
- I made 5 graphics for this series.
- There are 78 songs – to correspond with the 78 cards of the tarot. Use it as an oracle for divine messages for your day.
I’m such a MMMess… (iah)
I started this project a couple of days before christmas 2018. It is not finished because I am lazy and often lose track of all the whatever stuff I said I wanted to do…
When you scroll through the psychotically laid out page, you’ll see I have broken the playlist into volumes.
- Each volume has 24 songs, cites the artist, song title and a lyric.
- Click the artist to be directed to a youtube clip.
- Click the song title to read the full lyrics.
- I added 6 songs to the end. 6 is the number of harmony, and the seeker of balance. I also added it to make the total number of tracks add to 78.
- When selecting some of the tracks, I did have some people in mind at the time. However, music and their lyrics are universal expressions of the emotions of the soul. Therefore it would be too divisive to explicitly state any song is really for any single individual.
- These are just songs that I like (some more so than others). VOLUMES 1-3 are all Australian music acts. (Except for the Christmas playlist, that’s just christmas themed songs).
- Before there was you, there were 6.
- Vol 1. The long walk home, singing siren songs (24 tracks).
- Vol 2. Burning bush swallows their nightingale (24 tracks).
- Vol 3. Great grandfather of smoke, hear my song (24 tracks).
- Vol 4. Everlong John foo fights the xmas tree.
Listen to the whole playlist on Spotify here. I titled it “wyrdpriss”
Fun fact. By clicking the ‘xmas tree’ link above, you will be taken directly to the Spotify playlist titled ‘x mas sheen’
Project last updated 26 April 2019 // 22 April 2019 // 4 February 2019 // started 23 December 2018.
Welcome to the 6
- Deadstar – Deeper water I’m heading out where the water is much deeper / I save myself I’m saving you
- Olivia Newton John – Physical I’m sure you’ll understand my point of view / We know each other mentally / You gotta know that you’re bringin’ out / The animal in me
- John Farnham – You’re the Voice We have the chance, to turn the pages over / We can write what we want to write / We gotta make ends meet, before we get much older
- Kylie Minogue – Especially for you (duet with Jason Donovon) No more dreaming about tomorrow / Forget the loneliness and the sorrow / I’ve got to say / It’s all because of you
- Cold Chisel – Khe Sanh And she was like so many more from that time on / Their lives were all so empty, till they found their chosen one / And their legs were often open / But their minds were always closed
- The Axis of Awesome – 4 Chords My life is brilliant, my love is pure / I saw an angel, of that I’m sure / People killin’, people dyin’ / Children hurt can you hear them cryin’?
Volume 1. The Long Walk Home, singing siren songs.
- Killing Heidi – I am. I feel it its coming its here if you want it / I am out on my own / Moving in shadow / Nobody knows who I am / Standing alone / And its me but you can’t see who I am
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Pussy Town I’m going down, down, down, down, down, down, down, to pussy town.
- Eskimo Joe – Black fingernails, Red wine. Red-letter day, black heart / it’s gonna tear you all apart / it’s so loud; can’t hear you call / you and I are gonna fall straight down.
- Silverchair – One Way Mule Love me for my mind cause I’m a dangerous heart / when I’ve got time to kill I’m coming back to you / I’ll stake out just to find the knife in the dangerous heart / when I’ve got time to kill I’m coming back to you
- Killing Heidi – Real People Make it all right / Just keep your eyes shut, keep your eyes shut tight / What you feel ain’t bad / ‘Cause there’s no shame, there’s no shame in being sad
- Violent Soho – Saramona Said I want to bastardise this entire state / Let’s start a fire, it’s like a big freight train / Let’s start a fire, we are defeated
- The Cruel Sea – Better get a Lawyer I wasn’t doin’ nothin’ anyway / Just what is it that I’m supposed to have done? With bloodshot eyes and bleedin’ hands… // The the officer said / Better get a lawyer son, you better get a real good one /
- Machine Gun Fellatio – The girl of my dreams The girl of my dreams is giving me nightmares / I found her on tv now I see her everywhere / She’s got style she’s got violent ways about her / She’s got me so that I can’t dream without
- Regurgitator – ! (The song formerly known as) You won’t see me tribal raving baby / Cos I won’t ever look that good / I’d rather dance in ugly pants in the comfort of a loungeroom in suburbia / Oooh ooh, things don’t get no better / better than you and me
- Spiderbait – Calypso Sunshine on my window Makes me happy, like I should be / Outside All around me / Really sleazy / then it hits me / Don’t tell me / You can’t see / What it means to me
- The SuperJesus – Gravity I don’t need a friend to tell me why, to tell me when / hanging on to you I never thought I’m killing someone / and I can tell you what’s more / now theres nothing in the way to show me / I didn’t know you before / more than any other day its only gravity
- Eskimo Joe – From the Sea Oh She’s just so under pain / Oh I’m so spaced out today / My head’s a lead weight and it comes to you / From the the sea / hello hello oh hello (the world repeats itself somehow)
- Custard – Girls like that Girls like that don’t go for guys like us / I still wanna see the facts / But this time she’s serious / She says there’s too too many worlds / Too many worlds wrapped up in science fiction
- The Whitlams – No Aphrodisiac A letter to you on a cassette / ‘Cause we don’t write anymore / Gotta make it up quickly / There’s people asleep on the second floor / There’s no aphrodisiac like loneliness / Truth, beauty and a picture of you
- The Living End – White Noise Now here we stand with our hearts in our hands / Squeezing out all the lies / All that I hear is a message unclear / What else is there to decide? All that I’m hearing from you / Is white noise, white noise
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Mutha Fukka I’m a mutha fukka on a motorcycle / I’m a hard hallucinatory / With an axe to grind / Shootin’ from the hip / Like a porcupine / I’m a mutha fukka on a motorcycle
- Spiderbait – Buy me a pony You’re almost on your way to popularity / and we’ll teach you to play with icy stare and punk rock hair / and beatnik flare, we’ll take you there / cause there’s nonody else like you / and we sure care just what you’re doing
- Missy Higgens – Scar A triangle trying to squeeze through a circle / He tried to cut me so I’d fit / And doesn’t that sound familiar? Doesn’t that hit too close to home? / Doesn’t that make you shiver; the way things could’ve gone?
- Something for Kate – Monsters I was hanging upside-down from the overpass / Waiting to discover something about the world / I couldn’t get with the program / And I couldn’t listen to them / It was like trying to think in reverse
- Pete Murray – Better Days I’ve seen better days / Put my face in my hands / Get down on my knees and I pray to God / Hope he sees me through til the end
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Rollercoaster You’re vine-ripened, I’m now frightened / By the lightning in my legs / You’re such a screamin’ dream I’m leanin’ / To the demons in my head
- Ben Lee – Cigarettes will kill you You left me burned and seared / You left me ripped and teared / And older than my years / I should have know at first / That you would leave me hurt / You had to try dessert
- The Mavis’S – Cry You looked into my eyes / you came as a surprise / you washed me in the shower / it lasted for an hour / But what we gonna do? / you leave at half past two / we waste more time each day / and everything’s OK except that… I can make you cry
- Grinspoon – Lost control Bam, bam, bam trick or treat want to stay / You can do it ours and we will do it your way / Not so bad if you follow the plan / That’s how it goes with your head in the sand
Volume 2. Burning bush swallows their nightingale.
- Powderfinger – my happiness My happiness is slowly creeping back now you’re at home / if it ever starts sinking in, it must be when you pack up and go.
- John Butler Trio – Zebra I could be anything I put my mind to, boy / all I gotta do is give myself half a chance / I can bring love back into my life / and share it with the world if I got some balance.
- Grinspoon – Chemical heart can’t get started chemical heart/ every time I get started, you pull me apart.
- Frenzal rhomb – Never had so much fun I try to compensate blindly for mistakes, try to make things right / for all my redemption I’ve the best intentions / but it’s always ending up in a fight.
- Silverchair – Freak I’m a freak of nature / if only I could be as cool as you.
- The Living End – Prisoner of Society if you count to 3 you’ll see it’s no emergency / you’ll see I’m not the enemy / just a prisoner of society.
- Grinspoon – Sickfest You can’t try and sink your thoughts into my brain / contradict, you’ve always been too lame / guilt has always you d you hiding away.
- Regurgitator – Disco crazy
- Ganggajang – Sounds of then And in the distance, through the heat haze, In convoys of silence the cattle graze. That certain texture, that certain beat, Brings forth the night time heat.
- theredsunband – Sleep forever hey my sweet child, here you be / and if you choose to stay here / you can stay with me
- Silverchair – Tomorrow You say that money isn’t everything / well I’d like to see you live without it / you think you can keep on going living like a king / ooh, babe, I strongly doubt it.
- The Butterfly Effect – Always I can feel you against my skin / I feel you / like the poison seeping into my veins / numb with the pain / sick and guilty / is the sadness you’ve given to me
- AC/DC – Thunderstruck sound of the drums / beating in my heart / the thunder of guns / tore me apart / you’ve been thunderstruck.
- Kate Miller-Heidke – Caught in the crowd I was young and part of the crowd / I didn’t know then what I know now / I was dumb and I was proud and I’m sorry
- Jet – Cold Hard Bitch. Cold hard bitch / Just a kiss on the lips / And I was on my knees / I’m waiting give me
- Cog – Anarchy OK I’ve got a key to the lock in your head. / You know the truth is there for all.
- Amiel – Obsession (I love you) Your stupid laugh / Your salty skin / The heat within / And I can’t help my self / I want to touch it baby / Look what you’ve made me / I want to do to you / The things Id never do
- The Screaming Jets – Guitar Band
- The Butterfly effect – Gone
- theredsunband – Devil Song Last night the devil said to me, yeah, oh yeah / he whispered into my ear / lies
- AC/DC – Back in Black I got nine lives / cat’s eyes / abusin’ every one of them and running wild
- Kate Miller-Heidke – Last Day on Earth In my head I repeat our conversations / Over and over ’til they feel like hallucinations, / You know me, I love to lose my mind.
- George – Special ones I was ashamed of my innocence / But now with clarity I see that / Your bullshit is just not worthy of me
- INXS – New Sensation Love baby love / It’s written all over your face / There’s nothing better we could do / Than live forever
Volume 3. Great Grandfather of smoke, hear my song.
- Jet – Look what you’ve done Oh, look what you’ve done / You’ve made a fool of everyone. / Oh, well, it seems like such fun / Until you lose what you had won.
- George – Breathe in now You stand there but you do not cast a shadow, you walk away with every word you choose not to say / I suppose that moving on paints a new colour for each day, I don’t like to see / Dreams put on the shelf, to deal with on that one day, I just want to be happy for you
- The Cruel Sea – The Honeymoon is over I’m gonna send you back to wherever the hell / It was you came / Then I’m gonna get this tattoo / Changed to another girls name / Oh it ain’t no fun no more / I don’t know what to say
- Grinspoon – Just Ace since your gone away / I hope that you had a better day / Tried to call round the other day / Instead i had a go-kart
- Choirboys – Run to paradise That’s right, they had it all worked out / You were young and blonde and you could never do wrong / That’s right, they were so surprised / You opened their eyes up
- Mz Ann Thropik – Witchhunt
- Gyroscope – Baby, I’m gettin’ better Now I dream that I’m with you / Baby, I’m getting better / And I feel alive with you / Baby, I’m getting better
- Mammal – Dead Shut your mouth a system possession / Just sit and drool as Armageddon comes
- 28 Days – Rip it up Kick it, stick it in the tape player, lickity split / Rock hard the severe kid, Jedi Jay, damn that boy can play / Did ya hear that shit
- Dead letter circus – The armour you own Brace, this is just the game / Find your shelter in your calm and take comfort in your harm / Don’t look away / This is just the moment that you know that you create
- Jericco – Dance like no one’s watching
- Jebediah – Harpoon I can handle the fighting, it’s the affection I can’t stand / And I don’t mind us talking, just don’t try and touch my hand
- Regurgitator – Polyester girl All I want you to say is nothing at all / and all I want you to do is stare at the wall.
- The Superjesus – Down again Now I’m hoping to stay seconds away from all that I could be / every time I run from you, I run from me.
- The Screaming Jets – Better They said you’d never get anywhere, / Well they don’t care and it’s just not fair / That you know, and I know better.
- You am I – Berlin chair I’m your Berlin chair, won’t you lean on me ’til I break. / I’ll ignore each golden, dragging kiss you can give. / On the blankest face that you ever had to forgive.
- The Fauves – Dogs are the best people Dogs are the best people / Still tame, still wild, still somehow civilized
- Magic Dirt – Dirty Jeans You’re an ordinary boy and / That’s the way I like it / On the train in the corner / With a mind-numbing headache
- Augie March – One Crowded Hour but for one crowded hour, you were the only one in the room / and I sailed around all those bumps in the night to your beacon in the gloom
- Jebediah – Animal I know everything that I do tonight means nothing if I don’t succeed.
- Frenzal Rhomb – You are not my friend you are not my friend / Never ever ever again/ I dream of sunsets with a drink in the sand / Of all my friends and losing money in the van / Remember holidays that weren’t such a waste / And a broken jaw from a punch in the face
- Mammal – New Breed Judas You! (You!) Only made me this way! And I! (I!) Got a method for disposing of your petty little system! You! (You!) You’re the poster boy for shame! And I! (I!) Gotta state and make it clear so you can understand!
- 1200 Techniques – Karma How am I supposed to live in a world of negatives? How am I supposed to love in a world full of push and shove? How am I supposed to breathe in a world full of lust and greed?
- Machine Gun Fellatio – Little cutie Hey there little cutie don’t be moody don’t be moody / Take my hand we’re goin’ out / And I’d find myself if I knew where myself left me / And I feel like ringin’ all your bells… / Hey there little cutie let’s get nudie