Revelation Annotations 16 – whore

22 chapters in the biblical book of Revelations. 22 cards in the tarot major arcana. Allow me the opportunity to set the records straight, secular spirituality is my “religion,” based on the syncretism of mythology, narratology, linguistics, psychology, phenomenology and semiotics. Thus is the foundation of my personal philosophy. These are my words, my thoughts, my selfish self-centred version of the truth of divinity.

I have also split this chapter into 2 parts. Here are 603 to be drained in the ways of existence to feed their lustful hunger for wrath.

Chapter 17 – Whore of Babylon

Ho, ho, ho! What a barrel of rum-my monkeys all tangled in wide eyed incredulity. No surprise, let’s just say it for what it is. Last year I called myself the antichrist and trotted around WordPress on a rampaging mono-horned donkey shooting shit arrows to the stars and watching them fall down in flames. Phase two of that campaign was where I assumed the title of the Whore of Babylon, for I was flaunting my sensuality and proclaiming love and freedom for all. Got a bit carried away with that persona role and… oh my holes, my darlings. I’m sorry for being too much. OMG DON’T LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT THE SCENE UNFOLDING BELOW!

1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.”

Prostitutes get paid, so this was a business woman, perhaps. She saw a need that she could fulfil and also benefit from in more ways than one. Water is cleansing, carries life, quenches thirst of the body and also works in metaphor. Many waters indicate that there are many concoctions and solutions with which one can offer healing and communion.

Alchemy of the apothecary, chemistry, distillate… This woman is a barmaid and she’s serving drinks at an establishment for the elite. Drunk dudes tend to hit on waitstaff, especially if she is an attractive server. Alcohol is often the cause and solution to many of life’s problems. I learned that snippet of wisdom from the very wise and popular Homer (Simpson).

It’s not right to blame the woman for giving the paying customer what he orders. Also, if she is an employee then she really shouldn’t be sitting while on the job.

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.

Air hostess uniform for Virgin Airlines. Red tail of the Virgin sky transporter with coffee cup change. Or… a urine test?

The name written on her forehead was a mystery: babylon the great, the mother of prostitutes and of the abominations of the earth.

Well, technically, it is capitalism. Virgin is a name with a vast array of connotative meanings, each interpretation able to be built upon. However this may have been the vision that John time-scryed. It’s pretty farcical. Just begging to be poked with jokes.

13-richard-branson-zoom.w710.h473.2x

I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of God’s holy people, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus.

Jesus was a party fiend, he could liquor you up and down with until you can no longer stand. You can thank his special talent: facilitating the flow of the fountain of eternal inebriation. Out of spirits? No prob, fam. I got this. It’s time to whine the water into wine. He was also totally enigmatic enough to be able to convince 12 dudes to follow him around everywhere and then make them take blood and soul oaths to his fealty. Convincing friends to eat of and drink you, dead or alive, persuasion skills 18+

When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. Then the angel said to me: “Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns.

Yeah, there’s no surprise here really. Jesus was a total lad. Have you forgotten his 18-year sabbatical, easterly back-packing trip finding himself throughout Asia? He was the prodigal son to his earthly daddy, Joseph. J-Christmas looked for spirits to lighten his spirit, finally settling on the tried and true method of imbibing all the wine to the bottom of every bottle. Suffice to say, each of his disciples would have had their blood alcohol concentration levels off the charts just trying to keep up with him.

Who knew that this reaper was also a writer? Being literate or articulate doesn’t mean I have anything worth saying.

I made a page for all my Revelation installments. The list at the end of these posts was getting pretty long to tack on to the end of every one of them.k

And here is a link about fashionable Airline uniforms. Be less of a dick to others, be more of a dick to yourself. We tend to all act happier and easy going after a good and satisfying time.

15 thoughts on “Revelation Annotations 16 – whore

1. Ron says:

Your interpretations are way off base. A whore is not about prostitution that is man’s thoughts. The 7 judgements are against the 7 religions of the world. The Whore in this case is talking about the Roman Catholic Church. If you accept the premise that a God reincarnated himself into a man. Then you are lowering your nature as a young man or a young woman. You bought into their bill of goods their thoughts.
    It has nothing to do in the physical realm of mans definitions but resides in the spiritual realm of thoughts.

Liked by 2 people

• Kalliope says:

I know it’s not about prostitution. I was using that as a starting base, then demonstrate the steps up/down the ladder. Whore/money/proprietorship/enterprise, capital gains, who has what to gain out of each scenario?
      People cannot see what they cannot see, so they must learn to identify the markers and see how/where it may be applicable in their own world. For this was written many centuries ago, and they have been relevant many times but in different ways dependent upon the context of the times. Symbolism. Containers for all sorts of derived meaning. And Jesus incarnate is as real as I’m inanimate.

• Ron says:

I understand that what you are saying but there are only two woman in the ancient texts one who was made by thier Father and one who man made. The second woman refers to the religious thoughts of men. You succumb to their thoughts in the spiritual realm you are a whore be it either a male or a female. The second Woman is always religion that is where I differ I do not follow man’s religions but the ancient texts of idiomatic expressions that are sometimes gender neutral. There are only two iimages throughout the ancient texts male and female and then there are two images of Man and Woman. It is the later one that causes people to stumble. I am doing a blog on What is a virgin. What would be your thoughts not man’s definition but a spiritual definition outside the KJV.

• Kalliope says:

What do I think constitutes a spiritual virgin? One who has purity and is steadfast in their beliefs. It is the essence of one who has not been corrupted by the temptations of the unknown, for who cares what is around them, they have their prize in their hearts and they know its true merit/worth/value! Spiritual virginity is not dabbling in other systems, but still maintaining charity, chastity and cheer. It is about trusting others as well as yourself, and having that respect emanate from within and out in your life. However there is naivety and innocence in such mindsets, until it is tested.

• Ron says:

Your answer is pretty good. One misstep about trusting others that is a separate issue. If you cannot trust yourself how can you trust others with equal fervent. You can,t you will second guess yourself every time. That becomes fatal in the long run. Makes Sense. There is intelligent design around us we either accept that or we accept what man tells us. That is the difference between a Virgin and a Whore in the spiritual realm. There are matrix’s to life that cannot be crossed without disastrous results. Life experience. I would like to use your words if I may. I will strike out trusting others though.

Liked by 1 person

• Kalliope says:

When I say trust others, I mean it for one to trust others enough to not go chasing them down telling them this or that. Trusting they will find their own way as you have found yours. And their words are usually from a place of good intentions. Trust as opposed to devotion. A good counter balance to “fear, resentment or paranoia”.
          And you can use if you want.

• Ron says:

You trust your babies and your trust your husband anyone outside that realm requires an ID check. I don’t chase anyone down per say. I do not trust men until I know who they are and what they think. Devotion is an ambiguous word it is ambidextrous in usage.

• Kalliope says:

“I trust you mean well, but I do not trust you know what is right for me.” Trust in hospitality, I do not go about my business with suspicion nor paranoia. I trust people enough to not think everyone is out to hurt anyone. But I do not trust blindly, that is “devotion”. Because that’s love and faith. I don’t have faith in anything, people always let me down in that regard. Because as much as I trust people are mostly just doing whatever they need to do for themselves as well as the people they care about, I am not so naive to think everyone is like that.
          Men and women are both not to be trusted in general. Both are capable of lies and manipulation.

• Ron says:

Your correct in alot of your assertions. Live in my neck of the woods close to the border and you trust is thrown out the window because people have lost their respect for others. People will hurt you it is a normalized behavior a lot has to do with what they have been taught. They think with their minds not their hearts. I do not shed guilt on the woman. I shed it on the men. Who left their nature and teach others their thoughts that are usually for lack of a better word, dodo.

• Kalliope says:

I’m pretty lucky in that regards. I live in a rather decent place, and have not been in the fringes of any minority group. My place has afforded me the luxury of mutual respect. That is, except for the internet. There is no respect here for people hide behind the safety of their computer screens and shoot their flames (or trojans) of attack from there. Who knows if any “person” is really them behind so many online handles.🤡 🔪😭

• Ron says:

I am going to post your answer the first one. I am waiting for Sandra to post her ideas of what a Virgin is in the spiritual realm. I cautioned you to a degree because there is a 14 yr old watching the conversations. She, I think follows you, I am not sure. She is searching for answers.

• Kalliope says:

I don’t know who you are referring to. But kids these days can find all sorts of things online, and will stumble across many a sordid thing. Kids are jaded and disconnected from society and ideas Because we must “protect young kinds”. If they’re old enough to find my blog and manage to follow along the ideas, then let them read. It’s time to stop living in shame and fear, tiptoe on eggshells in case youths may overhear. Thinking is not the worst they could do.
          She’ll find her answers wherever she finds them. It depends on the questions she has to ask.

• Ron says:

True we are elders and sometimes they look for answers in a deep sea of thoughts that can create life or kill. I am very careful what I say for that reason alone. I am well aware of my responsibilities to the children that come to me from around the world. I will not be the one to cause them to stumble men have already done that.

Liked by 1 person

• Kalliope says:

Good thing I’m a woman. And a mother, and a high school teacher. Ba-bam. Qualifications for working with children
          CHECK! & MATE! lol
          I watch my words well enough, it’s already exhausting. It’s pretty amazing how diverse a single year group cohort can be in maturity levels. Even 12 year olds are capable of great depth of thought, as well as there are others who are a real pain in the butt.