Last month (over 3 weeks ago TBH), Ursula nominated me for a mystery blogger award. Cool, thank you! It’s nice to be recognised, just to be acknowledged by other bloggers that my words are read by some (or few, or several) other than me.
Yes, I’m one of those people that reads their own writing. Because I write for me. I like it enough and I’m my own fan. I’m also my own critic and slam myself, thus the bipolar personas you may have seen in my posts.
Anyway, on with this post!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog – √ check (above these rules)
- List the rules. – √ check (right here!)
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. – √ check (top of post)
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well – The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Oke Enigma – My Greatest Creation Yet: The Mystery Blogger Award √ check (hyperlinked twice!)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself –
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people – √ check (14 nominees, listed in alphabetical order)
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog – √ check
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify) – √ check (I attempted to ask 4 not weird questions)
- Share a link to your best post(s) – (whose criteria of ‘best’ do I consider? My own, or go by statistical data? It’s a mystery! Scroll to the end of this post to see)
Are you guys ready to read my super wordy post? I love answering questions, especially about me. So, let’s so this! Read along with me as you learn stuff about me that you probably didn’t even know you didn’t care to know!
3 things about myself
- I’m exactly the way that I seem. I do not ‘put on airs’ or try to act a certain way because I think it will do my any favours. I’m just as frenetic and flubble-bumbalajambly and seriously don’t know if I care about insane or pathetic or.. fuck I’m rambling. I am who I am, and that changes by the minute. Whatever I’m feeling, I express and then I forget it. Boop-doop-be-boop.
- I love little quizzes and profiles and stuff that ascribe classifications and descriptions of myself. I could be anything, I am so many things (omg I am and feel all the things, all the time) and it’s hard to figure out who or what I’m supposed to be without someone else there to remind me. I don’t need to be told what to do, I just get distracted and forget what I wanted or was supposed to do.
- People think I’m extroverted because I’m loud and come across as confident. I’m not confident, I just don’t give a fuck. I already assume the worst of myself and know reasonable that people couldn’t judge me nearly as harshly as I judge me. In my mind’s eye, I’ve already failed – so there’s no fear I’ll disappoint anyone else. It’ll be whatever it’ll be, I’m either right (I’m the worst) or I could be pleasantly surprised (I hope I’m surprised. I like nice surprises). And if I just keep talking I’ll drown out my own inner critic with noisy distractions.
- If you could spend a weekend as your adult self with your child self, what would you do together?
- I dunno what I’d do over a whole weekend, but I know 1 thing I would do is read a book aloud or make up stories stories with myself! Younger me would love that!
- You see I was a very weird and loner kid who had no idea how to relate to kids my age; my idea of fun was different to my peers. I remember I might’ve been in year 4 hanging out with this girl at my house after school. I made her read parts of an Animorphs book like it was a script and we were acting out the scene.
- When you look at yourself, either in a mirror, a photo, or in your mind’s eye, what do you notice the most about yourself, what part of you do you focus your attention upon the most?
- Oh wow. Um. I dont really like looking at myself. I talk a shit ton about me, but don’t like to spend that much time considering my physical appearance. But! I always check out my bakery (that’s what I call my belly, and I grab it and jiggle it everytime I do. HO-HO-HO! Because I’m a jolly jellybean) to make sure that it’s behaving itself. Then I check out my legs and do some a couple of poses because I like my legs, they make me feel better about my body. If I were to describe my shape using fruit (you know, apple vs pear), I am a banana.
- If you were given the power to stop time which would freeze everyone in the moment for however long you wanted, and you could move around during that frozen time – what would you do?
- Hmm, I guess it would depend on whether this power had any conditions or limitations. I wouldn’t want to waste them on pantsing random people or moving them into awkward poses. I’d probably keep them for special occasions like revenge.
- If I has unlimited use of this power, I’d just end up using it to procrastinate more than I already do. – Hush now, you pause. I’m going to just nap for a bit. Then maybe waste time on the net. Oh shit, it’s been hours, or has it been 10 minutes. I dunno.
- If you woke up tomorrow to find that one of your blog posts had gone viral, had accumulated thousands of views overnight, hundreds of comments, likes, shares, and was very much loved by everyone – how would you react?
- Anxious. Yay for the kudos, but what the fuck do I now do? How do I follow up, more attention means more people I may disappoint. It’d be super awesomesauce if maybe some or one of those thousands of viewers could purchase a divination reading?
- What mistake do you keep making? What lesson do you keep learning?
- I don’t know! I haven’t learned my lesson, obviously. I don’t know what I’m doing, if I’m even doing anything? Its funny because nobody notices or cares about what you think they will. The smallest mistakes are the most often made for stupid reasons, like we “just didn’t think of it. shit, sorry…”
- I’m too hard on myself, for one, and need to learn to be nicer to myself. I know what my faults are, and yet I still don’t do anything about them. (Maybe if I ignore it enough, they’ll forget… I forget shit all the time. OMG, SOMETHING SHINY!)
Just a little side note, the nominees I have selected all have about par or fewer followers than I. There are so many great blogs out there, I placed this criteria upon myself when selecting my choices in an effort to keep with the ‘spirit of the award’.
I selected these blogs because I they should get more traffic. I’m just a big ol’ airbag making fart noises. These guys actually write posts with thoughtful substance.
- Casey (Written Casey)
- Christine Betts (Writer Painter)
- Chris Thompson (Emphorius Views)
- Dr. Agonson (A Tale Told)
- Drk Vamp (Drkvamp’s Tavern)
- Echo Shadow (Project EchoShadow)
- Florence Sunnen (Interior Dasein)
- Mantis (Mantis Tarot)
- Michael D. Griffiths (Mystic Archetypes)
- Nicola Thompson (Karma Star Tarot)
- Rachel (In mind and out)
- Ron Thomas (Philosophies Man’s Religions)
- Spiral Artist (The Art of Making Spirals)
- Wolfgang (What makes me stumble)
Oh geez, they’re more like instructions rather than straight forward questions. Let’s start out with my ‘weird question’ and go from there.
- Did your parents ever tell you about the day you were born? Describe your birth, or conception. GRAPHIC (NOVEL) IN WORDS. Or perhaps write about the birth of your own child, or soul.
- What is your earliest memory?
- Sometimes we have recurring dreams that demand our minds time, over several nights or weeks or lifetime. What is the most vivid (or significant) dream you can remember? We don’t always dream nor always remember them, but I’m sure you’ve at least experienced them.
- Face it, we’re all going to die. Do you think your obituary would be an honest representation of you and your life? Write the obituary you would like to be published upon your death.
- Would you rather be hated or forgotten? Why? We’re never going to please everyone, so you really shouldn’t bother to try. Do for yourself, as well as for others. You’ll never see yourself the way others see you in their minds.
My ‘best‘ posts
- 360 About… the doctor (page) – Yeah, that’s my “about me” page. It still counts. Look, just about 3 times more views and the next one.
- 84 This post is too important to wait. – this post is also the second most liked.
- 69 Sticky notes remind me
- 66 SeCreation. Sex me precious, I’m a fat bastard.
- 24 To the woman with the eyes.
- 22 The visible versions of me // Bird watching // Purging // This poem
My personal favourites (even if my readers disagree. )
- We spin and ring our roses, a delightful game
- Campaign Antichrist (Cult of Kim)
- You can leave your fez on, as we strip away the needless – contains a list of links to a bunch of my favourite poems, handy!