Fez posted a poem and asked for feedback for advice about writing lyrical poetry with the aim of expanding his repertoire in terms of writing song lyrics.
I spoke to him about poetic metre setting the rhythm to aid in the development of his writing, which led to us talking about rap lyrics and the genre of spoken word, or performance poetry (aka slam poetry).
He gave me the idea of possibly making a recording of one of my own pieces of writing, to perhaps narrate or “perform” one of mine as he suggested it would add an extra dimensional element to the piece… an enhancement of the quality of sensations when we engage in a particularly moving poetic/literary experience.
I have curated a selection of my creative writing portfolio that I think might be suitable to do an audio/visual recording or adaptation, and am laying them here before you.
Here is a list. I am calling for your nominations. I’m open to your input and/or suggestions. I present a ballot of potential prosetic candidates.
What do you think? Which would you most like (or least hate) me attempt to adapt into a performance piece?
- Machete Betty wants to hit you hard
- Murder she courts
- refresh: mummified my mistakes
- The goddess squads may keep their gods.
- Rerun 004: Sleep to hard reset
- Betwixt these bleeding channels
- Separating the unified voices
- Mark my words, X marks the spot.
- To the new moon I speak my desire
- Antigenesis – the beginning of the end of the new world
- Bird Watching
- light 3:17
Come on. Comment. I’m open to suggestions and creative constructivism.