By being here I assume you are at least somewhat familiar with my writing style. Just in case you might not know (and it hasn’t clicked yet that this whole website is representative of my writing style), the following is a list of links to blog posts that demonstrate my writing style. How many times can I say writing style before you get the hint that everything written on this website is indicative of my style of writing.
- Glimpse the lady behind the curtain
- The paradox of Empathy and Psychopathy
- I am vague because I am endless
My areas of expertise are:
- education (general), teaching and learning
- the disparity between the younger and older generations
- cross-curricular intelligences, interdisciplinary studies
- the flaws in the current dominant education system
- the learning process – independent studies
- being practical, intuitive, proactive, decisive – a modern domestic goddess
- raising children that are better than your kids
- not self sabotaging the success of our children
- self mastery
- overcoming mental illness and perceptions
- psycho-self-analysis, self reflection and introspection
- aligning the spiritual and the physical selves
Areas of interest:
- uncovering invisible constructs, pointing out the obvious.
- satire, humour, necessity vs joy. language as a means of encoding meaning
- any form of misrepresentation, miscommunication, misunderstanding, misinterpretation. Playing devils advocate
- mythology, spirituality, religion, belief systems.
- cognitive science – philosophy, psychology, anthropology, artifical intelligence, neuroscience, linguistics
- interrelationships – learning, developing, behaviours, influence, nature vs nurture, archetypes, physical/nonphysical, false dichotomies, feelings/sensations/emotions.
- semiotics – perception, cognition, identification, understanding, interpretation.
- providing topical commentary and analysis on a variety of topics, such as – poetry, creative non fiction, aesthetics, events, phenomena.